Saturday 6 June 2015

Speaking about energy vampires: some good results

This may just be coincidence, but the person responsible for the recent attack whose effects I described in this article has just left the neighbourhood. 

A move has been on the cards for around five years now: she has been stalling people and stringing them along. Suddenly it all came to a head, and now she is gone.

I am now wondering whether my identification of the source and cause of the familiar symptoms I experienced had anything to do with her sudden departure. Are there unwritten rules about this? Had I blown her cover?

I always felt worse after encountering her as she was hostile and unpleasant - I had been avoiding her for many years because of this - but I did not use the words ‘energy vampire’ to myself until after the recent attack. I used the recovery time to join some dots.



One of the worst aspects of feeling as bad as I did is that knowing that the feelings are just nightmarish symptoms that will soon fade away makes no difference at all. Knowing from experience that energy and inclination will return and that I will once again feel alive and able to enjoy things does not help. 

This lack of inspiration and optimism is actually one of the worst symptoms. 

Another connection I made is that I sometimes feel even better after an attack than I did before it. Could this be some kind of reward for not giving in? Is it a consequence of making connections?

It is not long since even making a cup of tea seemed a bit too much like hard work, but in the last few days I have been easily and happily coping with new and demanding tasks. I have also been approached by a potential new client. 

Is all this, good and bad, just a coincidence?