Sunday 26 May 2019

Two small synchronicities earlier this week

There are several articles on here that describe some of the small synchronicities and coincidences I have experienced over the years.

In many cases, something that I had been thinking about or wishing I could see manifested itself in my outer life.

I now have two more of these small coincidences to report.

A few days ago, I created a post for the Alternaticity Project Forum in which I mentioned the white and blue lozenge-checked flag of Bavaria. I then started drafting an article about John Buchan’s Greenmantle, to be published on the 103rd anniversary in July. I like to give myself plenty of time for and do a little work each day on such articles, as it takes a while to find something new to say about a classic book.

Later that day while I was out on various errands, I looked out of the bus window and saw something bizarre even by London standards: a man wearing a light blue and white lozenge-checked suit and a blue bowler hat. He was standing outside a hospital; perhaps he was a children’s entertainer who had come out for a cigarette.

A short time later, a van pulled up beside my bus as it waited at some traffic lights. The van had ‘Greenmantle’ on its side. It stayed beside my bus for a while after we moved off.

In this case, Greenmantle was the name of a landscaping and garden maintenance company. I had never seen one of their vans before; I didn’t even know that they existed.

This reminds me of some of the synchronicities I experienced in 2013, when I saw some very significant names on the trucks and vans around my bus.

I wonder what is behind all this and what the next synchronous events will be.