Sunday 24 May 2015

Attacks by energy vampires: some details and theories

I am recovering from a recent attack by an energy vampire.

The bad effects are wearing off; I have decided to post the details in the hope that they will be useful to anyone who may have experienced something similar. 

The symptoms lasted for several days: I was continually yawning; I felt very slow and stupid; I was disinclined to do anything except lie around reading and looking for new posts on a forum or two of interest. 

I felt cursed, as if I were under an evil spell. I experienced strange and unpleasant sensations and an inner state that is difficult to convey in words. I felt very depressed; further descriptions that come to mind include feeling desolated, disconnected, doomed, exiled, hopeless, lost, mortally wounded, paralysed, sabotaged and useless. 

I had unpleasant dreams and woke up feeling terrible, sucked dry and fit for nothing.

I missed opportunities to get out in the sunshine because there is no point in just going through the motions while feeling dead inside and unable to enjoy anything. I had also learned the hard way that distress signals attract predators. 

I also had a string of minor accidents. I tripped over a cable and fell heavily, hurting my knee on top of an old injury; I intended to open the lower door on my fridge-freezer and opened the upper one by mistake, banging myself very hard on the forehead; when I did go out I nearly fell down the stairs on the bus. I stupidly walked up several flights of stairs at a station, not even thinking to take the lift or an escalator. This made my knee much worse.

These symptoms were all very familiar: the bad feelings as usual grew gradually more intense, peaked, then slowly faded away. I made good use of the down time by remembering similar episodes and thinking about possible causes. 

The previous string of misfortunes
The last time something like this happened, it was almost exactly four years ago. I had what is often called ‘one of those days’. 

I decided to go by bus to a local market I had not visited for a while. I stupidly took the wrong bus, even though I knew perfectly well how to get there. The wrong bus number just came into my mind.

I realised that I had come out leaving most of my money at home. I never take credit cards with me unless I have a definite errand, so I could not afford to buy much. 

I went to get some high quality bread that was on special offer in a supermarket and made another stupid mistake. When food on offer is sold out, the bin is often filled up with something similar but costing full price. I knew this very well but still fell for that old trick and picked up some very expensive bread.

I carefully counted out coins to pay, and somehow they all fell everywhere when I passed them over. One went down a crack near the till: luckily it could still be seen so they knew I had given the right amount. 

On the bus home, there was an annoying man who listened to people’s conversations about the best way to get to places and joined in without being invited. He gave them misleading and wrong information. I felt that someone like him had taken over my mind earlier and got me onto the wrong bus!

I was impatient to cut my losses, get home and have some tea so, although people are advised to stay in their seats until the bus stops, I got up and stood near the exit doors. As the bus swung round a corner into my street, the driver, who had been giving us a rather rough ride, braked suddenly and I was thrown into the glass window by the doors. I wasn't much hurt, just shocked; it was much worse for the people who were coming down the stairs at the time.

Causes
Having a bad day when everything seems to go wrong is a common occurrence. Just about everyone makes stupid mistakes and experiences a run of bad luck and a string of minor accidents and misfortunes. And yet… 

I have written elsewhere that every time I have had an accident where I was physically hurt, it occurred soon after I had been in contact with an energy vampire/witchlike person. It was a revelation when I first made this connection; now, whenever I recognise certain symptoms I work backwards from the effects to the possible cause, and there is often a malevolent person in the case. 

Both of the episodes described above followed brief, chance encounters with slight acquaintances or neighbours I had good reason to avoid. I got away as quickly as possible without saying anything to them, but this did not prevent the attacks – perhaps I was punished for not stopping to talk to them. And yet…

A few weeks before the recent attack, I had a similar encounter with someone who way back had been responsible for some dreadful experiences – described elsewhere. I had only ever seen her a few times in the intervening years, ‘by chance’ always when I was feeling under the weather. This time, nothing happened. Nothing at all: no bad feelings, no huge drops in morale, no painful accidents, no stupid mistakes. Nothing. How can this be?

Some theories
I have an idea that in these cases the primary, the real even, interactions take place on another dimension: a psychic zone, an inner or other world, an area that most people are too grounded and insulated to be aware exists. 

My theory, which I have developed after experiencing many such attacks and incidents, is that the attacks may be triggered by our automatic, deep level reactions when we meet a certain type of person. Perhaps when we react very strongly and negatively, the other person senses this and retaliates in the same way; on the other hand, no covert reaction means no attack.

The other person may feel threatened by what they sense on the other dimension, or they may see it as a sign of weakness, an identification of a possible victim. They may see us as a danger, an adversary who can expose them; they may take advantage of an opportunity to do some damage or punish us in revenge for recognising what they are or not doing what they want us to do. If we can see them, then they can see us. We may be getting back what we put out, although our negative reaction may be justified.

If we realise what is happening and try to protect and strengthen ourselves, we will have fewer and fewer unwanted and unpleasant encounters and the effects will become less and less debilitating. We need to learn not to be afraid of these people and not to direct unspoken criticism at them. The more positive feelings we have, the more grounded and present in this world we are, the less we react to them and the less unfinished business we are carrying around, the less they can ‘see’ us.

A good illustration of a useful point
I remember an incident, not the same scenario as the above two but a good illustration of the way in which deep down reactions can bring trouble on us. 

I was working very hard with a colleague to finish a project with a very tight deadline. We pushed on, and made it. Everything was ready to go, when someone came over to tell us that the project was postponed. All our extra hard work had been for nothing. This was a devastating blow for my colleague, but not for me.

By that time in my life, I had realised that my work must be treated as a job not a career: it needed to take second place to dealing with unfinished business and learning about unseen influences. I was trying to cope in a more relaxed way with normal life, going with the flow and saving it for the big one where getting angry about common setbacks was concerned, so I took the bad news very calmly and did not react at all, in this or any other world.

Just a few seconds after we had digested the news, I had to skip out of the way of two people who rushed to the scene – like taxis driven by evil spirits. They ignored me and converged on my colleague. They all started to argue very loudly about something. I think that my colleague, of whom I had always been wary, must have reacted very strongly deep down inside and this alerted the predators. I felt invisible, which is to be welcomed in these circumstances. I really benefitted from all the inner work that I had been doing.

Anyone who has experienced similar attacks needs to go carefully in the world. Someone who wants to make a positive difference by detecting and sabotaging negative unseen influences should remember what C. S. Lewis said about this world being enemy-occupied territory. 

John Buchan’s Greenmantle provides an example of a good approach to the problem. The story is set at the time of the first World War; there is a requirement for someone to go into the enemy’s territory on a secret mission to investigate rumours in the hope of discovering who or what is the prophesied secret weapon that Germany is going to use to astonish the world. 

What is needed is a spy; what is needed is someone who officially does not understand the German language but actually knows it well and will use this knowledge to collect information about the big card that Germany will use to deal with the Islamic world.

This creates an awkward situation. A person who knows no German will be safe but useless; a person who does understand German may be able to discover the secrets but will be in constant danger of being exposed as a spy. 

As Richard Hannay put it, using his knowledge of the language to collect important information while at the same time hiding the ability to understand it and always living in fear of self-betrayal is like trying to play three games of chess at once. 

A difficult task indeed, and perhaps a metaphor for surviving and escaping detection in this world while attempting to make a positive difference.

Someone who is not in touch with other dimensions and who takes people such as energy vampires at face value, treating them the same way they treat everyone else, is in little danger from certain types of attack. Someone who has never heard of psychic crime or is not interested in uncovering it is usually safe from attack by the perpetrators. On the other hand, someone who is in touch with other dimensions and can sense the subtle energies is always in danger from them. 

What is needed is to sense and understand without reacting, which is much easier said than done.