Monday 12 August 2013

Defence Against the Dark Arts Part III: More from Vernon Howard

If there are any energy vampires and emotional blackmailers in your life, you may find the following defences useful:

Don’t dump your trash on my desk.

Who said I had to explain myself to you?

If you want to fight, find another enemy.

What if I made the demands on you that you make
        on me?

I won’t lift a finger to solve the problem you have 
        caused.   

I was not born to be the ear to your chattering
        mouth.    

No, I don’t owe you a thing.     

You are several years too late to play that trick on 
        me.

How evil of you to try to drag me down to your low 
        level.

I think that nos. 4 and 8 are particularly effective: if only I had been able to say this to the victimisers in my life…it is too late for me but perhaps other people will find this list useful.