Tuesday 7 August 2018

Bureaucrats behaving like cult members again

I said in previous articles that it is uncanny how history is repeating itself in that bureaucrats are now saying and doing the same things to me that cult members did in the past.

I gave some examples of similar past and present features, elements, incidents and conversations. For example, just as a cult member made arrangements on my behalf without first consulting me, so did the bureaucrats.

As I said, I learned from my previous painful experiences so now know what to expect. The latest development is not at all surprising.

Meetings and gatherings
My colleagues and I walked out of a meeting with the enemy earlier this year.
We didn’t go to a recent meeting they arranged; we just sent a representative, a witness and a short statement giving our reasons for not coming, reasons that we had stated many times previously. 

We said yet again that we will not meet with them until certain terms and conditions are met.

We have all just received letters inviting us to another meeting!

The letter is very impersonal, robotic even. They have yet again ignored everything we have said; they have added insult to injury by expecting us to carry on as if nothing has happened after denying evidence-based allegations and dismissing justifiable complaints.

I have described how many years ago a cult member kept on asking me to go to gatherings and demonstrations, even though I had said many times that I would not go to any more.   On each occasion I gave my reasons, which she ignored. It was Groundhog Day every time.

In scripted scenarios such as these, people behave as if our cases have never been stated before and their 'requests' have not already been rejected many times. They behave as if we are theirs to command.

Same game, different players once again.

We have sent a letter declining the invitation to the meeting, repeating our reasons for not complying with their request.

Unlike the cult members, the bureaucrats can’t carry out their projects without our co-operation. 

I wonder what their response will be.