Thursday 8 June 2023

Two minor incidents involving more help with doors

This blog contains many examples of 'incidents' in my life, both good and bad. 

The most recent article on this subject describes two weird women I encountered around the time of the last Autumn Equinox. These women have recently been balanced by two helpful men. The incidents that they were involved in were very minor, but it is always good practice to acknowledge favours from the universe.

I believe that recording and analysing incidents, good and bad, large and small, has helped to increase the number of positive experiences in my life and reduce the number of negative ones. 

The recent incidents support this belief. I had been feeling under the weather for various reasons at the time; this often results in unpleasant experiences when I am out, but not on these occasions.

The empty office
I had to go to a meeting in a place I had not visited for a while. 

The lights were low and the air was cold – probably to save electricity - and the place seemed to be empty. I struggled to open a fire door to get into the offices, then wondered whether I had come to the wrong floor by mistake.

I felt confused and uncertain what to do. A man suddenly appeared; he was very helpful: he assured me that meetings were always held on the floor below and saw me to the lift. I thanked him for his help.

The security door
I went to collect my laptop from the repair company I had left it with. They had moved offices since my first visit and were now in a different building. 

I really dislike modern security doors with their panel of buzzers, often with semi-legible names. Getting the door open when buzzed in can be a problem, as can finding the right floor and the right office door. In the past I have encountered front doors that won't open, inadequate and misleading signage, inconsistent floor numbering in the lifts and long empty corridors. These things can turn a visit into a nightmare scenario.

However, once again a helpful man who knew his way round the building suddenly appeared. He found the buzzer for the company I was looking for, opened the door and showed me where the lift was. I told him how grateful I was that he had come along at just the right time.


Echoes of the past
A while back, I described some unexpected but welcome assistance I received on two occasions when I was returning home exhausted and struggling with heavy items: people helped by opening the door of my block of flats for me.

It seems that feeling and expressing gratitude and appreciation for favours received really does attract more of the same.

Unexpected help is always very welcome, and gratitude for small helpful actions may eventually earn a life-saving intervention: